Clinical Database Programmer - SAS Programming (UK/RUSSIA)
Location: Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 1242
Position Title: Clinical Database Programmer
To co-ordinate and perform processes associated with the configuration, maintenance and validation of databases and database systems and associated applications.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- To liaise with relevant staff to determine the allocation of tasks, to establish timelines, to report progress and any issues outstanding.
- To review specifications for the set-up and modification of project specific data entry software (including edit check specifications).
- Review validation plan for edit check and reconciliation check specifications.
- Develop, test and run SAS programs for clinical data management. This includes programs for data validation and reconciliation checks, data listings and data transfers.
- To configure database/eDC software (both internal and 3rd party) for the use of DM, sponsor and sites
- To perform testing of databases and related applications according to IT and Data Management departmental SOPs, both for initial set-up and maintenance.
- To run database upload programs and to process any error reports.
- To liaise with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues, implement changes to software
- To liaise with Sponsors or their designates on matters associated with the transfer of electronic data to or from the company, as defined by the Director, Data Management.
- To support DM in the production and maintenance of system procedures and documentation
- Assist with Quality Assurance and Audit requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a methodical and logical approach to problem solving and the ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Be able to work with close attention to detail
- Be questioning about the validity of data being entered/extracted.
- Be hardworking and efficient.
- Possess good team working skills.
- Key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, and embracing innovation and change.
- The job holder must be computer literate and numerate with a willingness to adapt to various computer systems
- Be educated to degree level
- Have experience of Data Management Systems and Software
- An understanding of CDISC SDTM standards
- Experience of SAS programming language
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Database Programmer - SAS Programming (UK/RUSSIA)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB